Perfect Pumpkin Jam
This entry was posted on October 26, 2017.
Why not have a go at making pumpkin jam for this years Halloween? Taking only a short time to make, it's a must do!
With Halloween fast approaching have you got your Pumpkin Jam ready? If you really want to wow your friends and family this Halloween this is by far the best recipe to use. Superb for spreading on toast on a cold Autumn morning or on hot jam tarts on a night time whilst waiting by the door for trick-or-treaters.
- 1.5 kilo pumpkin. (Peeled, deseeded and grated)
- 300g of lemons (the zest and the juice)
- 200g of juicing oranges (just the juice)
- 1 small lime (just the juice)
- 1 litre of water
- 100g of fresh ginger (peeled and sliced into fine strips)
- 1 level tsp of ground ginger – or more to taste
- Half a tsp of ground cinnamon
- 800g of white granulated cane sugar
Step 1: In a large saucepan or maslin pan, put in all of the ingredients except sugar.
Step 2: Bring to the boil and simmer until the pumpkin and ginger have gone soft.
Step 3: Consistently stir whilst adding the sugar until you are sure that it has all dissolved. (At this point you can add a little more ginger and/or cinnamon to suit your preference if need be).
Step 4: Bring to the boil and simmer quickly, stirring every now and then. (The Jam will gradually reduce and thicken).
Step 5: It is ready when a wooden spoon pulled across the base of the pan reveals the pan cleanly.
TOP TIP- To make the pumpkin jam last for longer pour into jars, lid them and hot water bath them for 20 – 30 mins.
Till Next Time.