Be the change - Earth Day 2018
This entry was posted on April 22, 2018.
To celebrate national Earth Day we are offering 5% off all glassware. Code: 5EDJBD
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day's mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide.
One billion people...
Earth Day is now a global event each year, and is believed to have more than 1 billion people participate across 192 countries.
One issue, at the heart of Earth Day is tackling the exponential growth of plastics.
Earth day aims to provide information and inspiration to fundamentally change the attitude and behaviour surrounding plastics and the use of them.
The recent drive has highlight the long lasting effects of plastics, from poisoning and injuring marine life to disruption human hormones, from littering our beaches and landscapes to clogging our waste streams and landfills.
What can be done?
Simple answer, Convert to glassware.
- Glass can be recycled easily because it does not deteriorate with age.
- Glass can be recycled again and again without ever losing its clarity or purity.
- With glass recycling over 7 million tons of co2 are avoided.
- Green bottles can contain as much as 90% recycled glass.
- of all glass bottles 70% are collected for recycling.
- Glass bottles are 30% lighter today than 20 years ago.
- Glass is made from natural and sustainable raw materials: Sand, soda ash and limestone.
- Recycling 1 glass bottle saves enough energy to power a computer for up to 30 minutes.
- Glass packaging never leaches toxic chemicals into its contents.
Use code: 5EDJBD to celebrate the benefits of glass - Offer expires 30th of April.
For more information on Earth day follow the link below.
Till next time.